• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Took Dylan to vet, SM? Long post, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not everyone is so fortunate to have Margaret in their corner:)! You know we're all behind you,wishing you and Dylan all the best and sending positive vibes.No matter what the outcome, he's been blessed with someone who will do everything to give him the most amazing quality of life.I know he'll continue to bring you many more years of joy and happiness.
Try not to worry too much.
Sins

We will have everything crossed on the day for you both Pauline...have you informed his breeder of whats going on? I'm sure she would give you some support with all this worry.

Alison.

Pauline and little Dylan, thinking of you and hoping all goes well on the 15th.
Sending you :luv::flwr::flwr::flwr::hug: and positive thoughts.
Andrea

We will have everything crossed on the day for you both Pauline...have you informed his breeder of whats going on? I'm sure she would give you some support with all this worry.

Alison.

Hi Alison, yes I told Dylan's breeder right from the start. She asked me to keep her informed. I'm very tearful tonight and have had a head ache nearly all day.

Not everyone is so fortunate to have Margaret in their corner:)! You know we're all behind you,wishing you and Dylan all the best and sending positive vibes.No matter what the outcome, he's been blessed with someone who will do everything to give him the most amazing quality of life.I know he'll continue to bring you many more years of joy and happiness.
Try not to worry too much.
Sins

I know, it will really be nice for me to have someone there who will know what's going to happen on the day. I'm the kind of person who asks lots of questions. I hope I don't cry.

About the future, well not knowing what to expect is really hard. I think every dog is different. I see his symptoms progressing even over the month. He yelped today when I picked him up for a cuddle. I'm frightened to walk him because his harness must be pressing on something to make him scratch. I actually haven't walked him for a few days.

Pauline, I really hope everything goes well for you and Dylan, Will be thinking of you:flwr::flwr::flwr:

Praying for you and Dylan, Pauline! I'm so sorry you are going through so much but glad you have so much support. And we all understand :hug:

Pauline, I pray you get some answers soon. This must be so hard! It is like worrying about your children when something is wrong.
Hugs to you both.

Pauline, I hope that you get some answers on 15th, so ask all the questions you can. And if you get upset, I am sure no one there will be at all suprised - it's very natural to be upset when your much beloved pet is unwell. I am so glad that Margaret is going to be able to be there to support you.

Lots of love to Dylan

I just got the letter from the RVC and it says they do MRI scans on Wednesdays and Fridays but my appointment is on Wednesday. They do say if he needs a scan he'll have to stay in over night the night before the scan. So I assume the scan isn't on the 15th. They do say not to feed him that day so maybe they will keep him in on the 15th. Confused.

I just phoned them, the scanner is broken anyway :eek: So it might just be a consultation.

Last edited:
About the future, well not knowing what to expect is really hard. I think every dog is different. I see his symptoms progressing even over the month. He yelped today when I picked him up for a cuddle. I'm frightened to walk him because his harness must be pressing on something to make him scratch. I actually haven't walked him for a few days.

Pauline, after he is taking medications for SM you will most likely notice improvement in his symptoms.

This is how we used to pick up Charlie - use a soft baby blanket folded for padding under his tummy. As you lift him, support his bum. Hold him close. :lotsaluv:

Pauline, after he is taking medications for SM you will most likely notice improvement in his symptoms.

This is how we used to pick up Charlie - use a soft baby blanket folded for padding under his tummy. As you lift him, support his bum. Hold him close. :lotsaluv:

Thank you Cathy, I must admit, I'm always picking him up for cuddles. He loves to put his head on my shoulder. Sometimes you can tell he's tired but he keeps getting over excited and barking a lot and I give him a cuddle, walk around for a minute and he falls asleep in my arms bless him. The same works for toddlers:rolleyes:

Pauline, I want you to know your "sis" from the states is concerned right along with you. I don't check in here everyday, but you can be sure on the 15th I will. First, I hope the worrying will be for nothing. If that can't be, I hope you'll get the best advice and care there is.

My heart is with you.

Pauline, I want you to know your "sis" from the states is concerned right along with you. I don't check in here everyday, but you can be sure on the 15th I will. First, I hope the worrying will be for nothing. If that can't be, I hope you'll get the best advice and care there is.

My heart is with you.

Thanks sis:hug: I think it's just a consultation this time, I'll let you know.

Pauline ....really hope you get good news about Dylan . I know how worried you must be . Sending you lots of hugs .....Hilary

Pauline, I've been following your thread, but not posting anything, as I've struggled to find words that could help comfort you at this time. I still really don't know what to say, except I'm thinking of you during this difficult time, and hoping with all my heart that you get some good news.

I can't imagine what it would be like to pick Murphy up for a cuddle only to have him yelp in pain:( There's nothing better than a cuddle from your Cavi to cheer you up.

Give Dylan a big kiss from me, sending you a big hug as well:hug:

Thank you Hilary, Aine and Murphy's Mum.

I know it's hard to know what to say and for that reason I really value everyones comments. Just checking into this thread lets me know I'm not facing this on my own.

I just want to do my best for him. I hope he never has to feel pain and I hope he lives a long time. Dylan doesn't yelp every time I pick him up.

Pauline,
Good luck with your appointment on the 15th, we'll all be thinking of you and Dylan. Miles + Truman are keeping their paws crossed that everything turns out okay...keep us posted on how he's doing.

When Truman had his back injury recently he yelped whenever I picked him up the "normal" way (one hand under his bum and one under his front arms). I found that if I picked him up with his back parallel to the ground, very slowly, one arm in front of his front legs and one arm in back of his back legs, and held him close to me, he didn't yelp. Stay stong, Dylan is lucky to have such a wonderful mom :lotsaluv:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back