• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Very Sick Prince

Not really much to report. He is a tiny bit brighter but still very unwell. They are still trying to stabilise him with IV fluids. He still wont eat and he still cant stand or walk as he is very weak. His blood had been sent away to the lab so just waiting for the results to come back. I will give them another call in a while to see is there any change.
Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts, it is very much appreciated.

The vet just called with an update, unfortunately it was not really good news. He is pretty much still the same. He said they got some initial blood work back and it is showing his kidneys, liver and pancreas are all under strain but they are not totally sure why yet. Prince had a seizure this afternoon and they had to give him meds to calm him. The vet said they are worried but at this stage they cant call it one way or another until they know more.

Like everyone else, I'm so sorry to hear that Prince is having problems. I will pray for him (and you). I hope the tests eventually point to a particular problem that can then be addressed.

Prince doesn't eat lots of chicken jerky type treats, does he? Just a stab in the dark as lots of dogs have had similar symptoms to what you describe after eating lots of those. Daisy was in the vet for several days, had lots of testing, etc. a couple of years ago, and I believe it was a result of those jerky treats. The vet himself never did figure it out. I kind of figured it out after the fact, although I had my suspicions while it was going on.

Like everyone else, I'm so sorry to hear that Prince is having problems. I will pray for him (and you). I hope the tests eventually point to a particular problem that can then be addressed.

Prince doesn't eat lots of chicken jerky type treats, does he? Just a stab in the dark as lots of dogs have had similar symptoms to what you describe after eating lots of those. Daisy was in the vet for several days, had lots of testing, etc. a couple of years ago, and I believe it was a result of those jerky treats. The vet himself never did figure it out. I kind of figured it out after the fact, although I had my suspicions while it was going on.

No its definitely not due to treats. He is a bit of a pudding usually so I have to watch his diet pretty strictly. He does get occasional treats but I doubt it would be enough to cause such a serious illness. The vet asked all those questions as well. They were trying to rule out any sort of poisoning.
Fingers crossed for better news tomorrow.

Really hope they can find out what is causing his problems and get him sorted and back home to you.
Sending prayers for better news in the morning :hug:

I am sorry Prince is so poorly. Has the vet checked for Pancreatitis type problems, I am not an expert
but it might be worth ruling out.

I am sending you lots of healing wishes from Molly, Dougall and Dotty.

I hope your little one is much better soon& back with you where he belongs,try to stay strong,sending hugs from our home to yours& youre in my prayers.
Get well soon Prince xx

Only seeing this now....don't get time to get on here much these days. So sorry to hear about Prince, fingers crossed tightly for him.

Back