• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The puppies are here!

How beautiful are they.:l*v: I have never seen a new born Cavalier, but so what even if there not. They are so cute. Well done to u all.:rah:

The last two pictures of Ginger and her puppies are just beautiful, Ginger has the most gentle loving face, so happy to read all went well during the whelping

:rah: Congratulations!!!!!!:rah: What a wonderful person you are Thelly to help Ginger and now her puppies.....you are an angel! The puppies are sooooooooooo cute!!!!!! Great job to both Thelly & Ginger!!!:flwr: What a heart-warming story this is....

GREAT job Ginger and Thelly!! They look really cute and very healthy. Not a one of them looks the least bit skinny. So Thelly, are you ready to start breeding Cavaliers now that you have your first litter behind you? ;) The first is always the hardest, you know.

Now all you have to do is keep track of the weight for a while to be sure everyone is gaining. I would also recommend giving Ginger a couple pieces of cheese each day for the calcium.

Are they full Cavalier?? Everything about the body and head shape seems to say yes. The only thing that I see different than what I am used to is the amount of dark color and not very much white. The dark on blenheims will usually get darker as they get older, so the color is going to change some. Cathryn, other breeders here, what do you think?

Can I make a suggestion of a name please for one of the little boys has Mattie
----Aileen and the gang (Jazzie---Barney---Sam)

Ginger and the puppy's are so beautiful, they look like cav's to me and they all look so healthy.

Just logged in at Schiphol airort in Amsterdam while waitin to board my flight to Korea -- hoping there would be photos by now!! Hooray! They look really healthy; great job Thelly and Ginger! :)

Bruce I would guess they could be rubies with a lot of white, possibly? -- I would assume dad was a blenheim and probably Fred, .

I am sure after they get a little larger, abd the colouring more defined, we'll know if they are cavaliers or mixes.

Wow, what a lovely little mum and babies. :lotsaluv:

Bless you Thelly for taking care of Ginger in her time of need. She is so fortunate to have found you for her foster mom! :luv:

The colour made me wonder. They look more like rubies, but if Fred is the daddy, they would have to be all Blenheims. Golden cocker or another, ruby, cavalier ?

Are they full Cavalier?? Everything about the body and head shape seems to say yes. The only thing that I see different than what I am used to is the amount of dark color and not very much white. The dark on blenheims will usually get darker as they get older, so the color is going to change some. Cathryn, other breeders here, what do you think?

Hmmm!! As you say Bruce the overall body and head shape would suggest a Cavalier father, however I do NOT think it was Fred!! These look more akin to a Ruby to Blenheim mating in my opinion, and that is all it is, my humble opinion! Another train of thought might suggest a golden cocker possibly even? Interesting! Certainly looking at Fred and Gingers markings in previous pics if they were his they would be far more broken up I think??

you are right they could, but I thought Ginger and Freds marking were well broken up and the puppies markings are quite solid all of them.
Maybe Fred was a concerned friend rather than an anxious parent.

Oh, they're beautiful and Ginger is such a good mommy!! Thelly you're the greatest and congratulations to you, too!:flwr:

What a great outcome-such sweet babies. Thelly, you have worked wonders to make Ginger feel so at home-what a wonderful little girl she is........

Some very sad news. We lost one of the boys today. He was the last born (midnight).

He was very weak today and not feeding. Worse still he had some very strange orange mucus coming from his nose. We brought him to the emergency vet but he died.

We are all very upset but thankful that the 3 and Ginger are strong and well.

Nature does run its course but it doesn't stop the tears.

I'm keeping a very close eye on the rest, but they are a strong bunch.

Sorry to post with such a heavy heart. :( :( :(

Oh Thelly, I'm so sorry to hear that. The poor little guy :(

I'm glad that Ginger and the other 3 are still doing ok. You're doing a great job :flwr:

Back