• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The puppies are here!

So very sorry to hear this sad news, it is heartbreaking when you lose one, but the others look strong and healthy and will thrive I am sure!

Look at it this way, he was too good for us to keep this time around and the big guy upstairs took him back again, this is my mindset when I lose one "It was obviously too good for little old me"!! I find it helps!! :hug: :hug:

Oh what heart breaking news.:( At least he knew love and kindness which probley he woulnt of knew if he had been born on the puppy farm. Will be thinking of u and the other little ones.:hug:

I am so sorry..... the same thing happened to us with our first litter of little wire-haired terrier puppies. We too lost a little boy. It was heartbreaking, but unfortunately it happens. Thelly you are doing a fantastic job. They are so lucky to have you.

I PM'd you. Then I noticed my PM box was full, so I deleted a bunch of stuff.

So very sorry to hear you lost one. As others have said, it is heartbreaking to lose one. Every breeder has, though, just kind of goes with the territory. Just try to get your spirits up and celebrate the three that you have.

So sorry to hear of your loss. It is heartbreaking, but it does happen. My females has a history of losing her runt. I agree with the Big Guy Up Top wanting your little one for HIS own. The two I've lost are with your little one. They are playing on the sandals of the MASTER. A wonderful place for all three of them.

I'm so sorry Thelly, it's so sad, hope you, mum and the other 3 are doing well :flwr:

:cry*ing: :cry*ing: :cry*ing: Very sad to hear this but you did everything you could do, some times nature takes over keep up all your good mothering of ginger and the babies.:luv:
judy

The pups are adorable! Great job Thelly and Ginger. So sorry you had to experience a loss...I would imagine that was very hard on you. But you are doing a great job with them!!

Well done Thelly, thanks for much for keeping me updated by text. I hope you are ok after the loss of the little man, you have done a fantastic job. Take loads of photos please, cant wait to see more :jump:

So sorry for your loss of this precious pup. :hug:
I'm glad Ginger and the other 3 are doing well.:flwr::flwr::flwr:

so sorry to hear that thelly but you still have 3 strong pups left!!! sorry for ur loss:flwr:

Sorry to hear the news Thelly. Hope the rest are well and that you are getting a break from time to time.:xfngr:

I'm so sorry Thelly; the most experienced breeders lose them too, as the professional breeders here have noted and you did everything you could; nature takes its course sometimes and it can be very difficult to keep a weak one alive. I know the pleasure of the other little ones should raise your spirits.

AS to the background of thse puppies; they could be absolutely anything. My understanding is this farmer only bred cavaliers but I don't know if he had any others; my sense was that he only had these two at this point. He certainly didn;t know she was pregnant (if he'd mated her and knew they were cavaliers I am sure he would have kept and sold this last litter before selling GInger) which means this could really be any farm dog mix -- I kind of doubt anyone would have a cocker in his situation unless he was breeding them, but again, he told us he only bred cavaliers and I'd have no reason not to believe that). Thus the puppies are more likely to be a lab cross, collie cross, or terrier cross I think or of course a mix could be the father. The only other dog I definitely know the man had was a lab. If the colours are odd I would think it very much more likely that they are mixes than that he had a ruby male around.

So sorry to hear that one didn't make it Thelly - very sad, but at least the others are doing well. Ginger seems to be a great Mum which will make it a bit easier for you.

They do look like Cavaliers to me, but are very heavily marked for a Blen to Blen mating - I would have said Ruby to Blen before I read Karlin's post. Not sure what to think now...it will be interesting to see how they change as they grow up...

I hope Mum and babies are doing well and you are catching some sleep as and when you can - take care, and bless you for taking in this poor darling and looking after her so well.

Such a shame the little boy went to the bridge but hey! they are gorgeous you can't blame the big man wanting one for himeself.

Take peace in the fact that you have doen your utmost for Ginger and her young family. Well done you!

They are adorable!! I'm sorry to hear about the little guy that didn't make it though.:(
His siblings will have us all watching them, though, while they grow.:)
It will be so fun to see what they look like and what their personalities are like! Interesting mix if it is a Cav and Lab...and it rhymes!:p

Back