• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Where does your Cav sleep?

Glad to see I'm not the only one who has to fight the "cavalier wall" to get a cuddle in with my other half!

Oh no, Sara, you are definitely not the only one here! That is one of Gracie's favorite places-- right between Andy and me. She also likes the foot of the bed, but has discovered that can be a dangerous place as we both move around a lot. By the morning, she's usually migrating to my extra pillow just above my head with her head on my main pillow! She hasn't learned to share the pillow yet either... :badgrin: :roll:

A friend of ours was horrified to hear that Maddy shared our bed. She said "she sleeps where?"

olly's been a crate boy since we brought him home
but when i get the house to myself i sneek him onto my bed or at least in my room.
however for the past week..hes beens leeping in my room.
been absolutly fine every night butl astnight hwere he wanted out of my room at 4;30 am i said 'go to bed mommas not getting up yet' lol

Mr. Q. has slept with us since he was about 5 months old. He usually sleeps between us, and is usually stretched out against one of us. If he gets cold he somehow ends up under the duvet with his cute little head on one of our pillows. He also likes sleeping with his head under one of our necks. I now have 2 snoring men in my bed, as my hubby has sleep apena and Quincy joins right in!

King sleeps wit me...nobody else will he sleep in their bed...Sometimes my mom will take him in her bed in the morning til it's time for work. But he doesn't lay up next to her like wit me...

Another guilty one here!

Chester starts down near my feet and when i wake up in the morning, he's right next to me snuggled up in the pillows.

I think in the middle of the morning he gets cold so he snuggles up with his mummy!

I have a queen size bed and end up with less than half of it. Scout has been sleeping with me since she was five months old. She goes right to sleep never a problem. She starts out on or near the pillow on the other side of the bed, but ends up stretched out right next to me, touching me. If she was any closer she would be me!!! :lol:

Yep, my two sleep with me :D
Toby sleeps under the quilt with his head on the pillow when he gets too warm, but right under and snuggled in tight to me when he is cold.
Chloe sleeps on top of the quilt, but always touching me. :flwr:

Toby sleeps down stairs on the sofa, I'm not allowed to have him upstairs by order of my nan.

The only time he does come up is when he needs the toilet in the middle of the night and he comes and wakes me up to let him out.

Winston accidently started sleeping with me about 2 weeks after I got him. I fell asleep while petting and snuggling him one night and just never turned back! He usually starts out on the other side of the bed, but by the wee hours of the morning he is either snuggling next to me or sleeping on the pillows (head on neck, head on cheek, or completely curled around my head!) And god forbid I try to wake him up before 6:30a...my avatar picture was actually taken after I had an early wake-up, left him in bed while I showered, came back and he was still like "but Mom...it's so early!"

Super Princess said:
olly's been a crate boy since we brought him home
but when i get the house to myself i sneek him onto my bed or at least in my room.
however for the past week..hes beens leeping in my room.
been absolutly fine every night butl astnight hwere he wanted out of my room at 4;30 am i said 'go to bed mommas not getting up yet' lol

giggles im quoting my own post because theres been an update.

that boy is not sleeping in my room again.

2:30 am!!!!!! gawddd ollie momma needs her sleep.

where do my dogs sleep....

in our bed. we started out with our first dog dutifully crated at night. that ended at six months when we had my sister-in-law visit and we were worried about dog noises keeping her up. our second one was sick as a puppy, and he slept right next to us from day one! (and he often starts out under the covers down by my feet.) our third was a rescue and he seemed to think up by my head was just right. our fourth now sleeps on our pillows. but don't worry, we only have two now. but both continue the tradition of sleeping in our bed. they get up to be fed around 7 a.m. and then one of them rushes up to get back in bed with me while the puppy hangs around with my husband to see how his day gets started.

margaret

WoodHaven said:
I saw the coolest thing. IT was a set of stairs that became a raised dog bed --- this is hard to explain. It was a dog bed and stairs that is RIGHT next to the bed. Same level as the bed-- it also had storage under the dog bed. It was about 1000 dollars-- but really cool and that way the dogs could have their own bed- but be right next to you.

you must've seen something like this???
http://www.orvis.com/store/product_...3&group_id=10570&cat_id=10571&subcat_id=10572

(DH and I have been eyeing that!! he says he'll make one himself one day :lol: ...hmph, we'll see!)

Maggie's only been w/ us for 4 nights.... so far, she's been in the crate at night... but during the day, she takes tons of naps on the bed! she just loooves it!!

Growing up, the dog only came into the house during cold and extreme rain. I always wanted a dog to cuddle with as a child. Now I have a surfeit-- a dream come true.

gramercy girl said:
WoodHaven said:
I saw the coolest thing. IT was a set of stairs that became a raised dog bed --- this is hard to explain. It was a dog bed and stairs that is RIGHT next to the bed. Same level as the bed-- it also had storage under the dog bed. It was about 1000 dollars-- but really cool and that way the dogs could have their own bed- but be right next to you.

you must've seen something like this???
http://www.orvis.com/store/product_...3&group_id=10570&cat_id=10571&subcat_id=10572

(DH and I have been eyeing that!! he says he'll make one himself one day :lol: ...hmph, we'll see!)

Maggie's only been w/ us for 4 nights.... so far, she's been in the crate at night... but during the day, she takes tons of naps on the bed! she just loooves it!!

That is it!!! Hubby said I would be the one forced to sleep on the lil bed-lol

gramercy girl said:

And that's how we started! I happened to fall asleep with him and realized he made it through the night without a problem. He seems to have learned quite early on the bed is HIS bed and it's as good or better than being in his crate as far as no pooping/peeing is concerned.

Double guilty....

Isabella starts up between our heads and then moves to the end of the bed when she gets too warm. We have to keep the bedroom cool or she has to get up in the middle of the night and go outside.

Abby curls up in my armpit and snores like a bandsaw....

Pete

Well Ariel sleeps in her crate at night. But she runs right in when I tell her it's time to go in her bed.
Reason 1: I am sure her being in my bedding would play holy heck with my allergies :*gh: ;
2: My greyhound James would never forgive me :cry*ing: ! (But honestly, there is just enough room for 2 adults comfortably in our bed. If the 2 human kids come in too, fugeddaboudit!)
3: We had some potty & kid toy stealing issues to start out, and find it's easier if we keep doggies out of that end of the house.

But those evenings I doze of on the couch watching tv or playing on my computer :cffee:, she curls right up, so we do get some sleepy cuddle time occasionally!

Well Ariel sleeps in her crate at night. But she runs right in when I tell her it's time to go in her bed.
Reason 1: I am sure her being in my bedding would play holy heck with my allergies :*gh: ;
2: My greyhound James would never forgive me :cry*ing: ! (But honestly, there is just enough room for 2 adults comfortably in our bed. If the 2 human kids come in too, fugeddaboudit!)
3: We had some potty & kid toy stealing issues to start out, and find it's easier if we keep doggies out of that end of the house.

But those evenings I doze of on the couch watching tv or playing on my computer :cffee:, she curls right up, so we do get some sleepy cuddle time occasionally!

Back