• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I have an announcement to make!!!

Wow Carrie, Truman looks stunning there, but that harness, I think it would look better on my Poppy! icon_whistling

:lol: Thanks Pauline! I think Truman kinda likes the pink! He does look pretty girly to me, so maybe pink is his color! :rolleyes:

Up Country has a great selection of harnesses: http://www.upcountryinc.com/PRODTEMP.CFM?divid=1&tea=0&h=y&SDN=Dog Harnesses

There are a few polka dot patterns that would look adorable on Poppy! :D Truman didn't seems comfortable in a few other brands of harnesses, but he's totally fine with his UP Country one...it just goes around their front legs, and isn't near their neck at all....which I think is really good...

I'm sure Poppy will look beautiful in any harness you choose for her! :l*v:

Congrats to you and Dylan. She is just too cute. My two are finally to the point of playmates after over a year. I am sure they will have a great time.

It's my home check tomorrow. The fence is patched up but Dad is paying for a new fence, side and back that will be fitted from Friday, might take 2 days. The one at the back is new but he doesn't like the look of it! It's going to look so nice. I love my garden.

Congratulations, Pauline! She is beautiful and is certainly going to a wonderful home!! I'm glad you have something to look forward to -- and I'm also a bit jealous:eek:. There's nothing quite like the anticipation of waiting for your newest family member!

Tara, that's just what it's like, a new member of the family joining us. I'm usually more nervous about big things like this but I'm quite chilled and excited.

Yay great news :wggle::wggle:

although I don't think any of us had any doubts about that LOL

Yay great news :wggle::wggle:

although I don't think any of us had any doubts about that LOL

That's very nice to know Nicki. :)

I even tidied my bedroom! Sinead, you were right, she didn't need to see where she'll sleep.

Do you think in my bed is the best place? This girl sounds clingy which is lovely for me but I want her to have some confidence so she doesn't get upset when I go out.

What are some of the things I can do to make her feel secure without reaffirming her worries?

Great news Pauline, u must be so excited! Looking forward to seeing lots of pics of her and Dylan :D

I passed my home check :wggle:

Well done Pauline, knew you were worrying for nothing. I think Poppy will be sleeping wherever she wants and most likely will be your bed:p. Where does Dylan sleep? Only Armani sleeps on the bed with me, the others have duvets on the floor by the bed. Chaos will sometimes get on the bed but it hard for her to jump up and down so glad that mostly she does not. Why not ask Nicola how she is when left.

Well done Pauline, knew you were worrying for nothing. I think Poppy will be sleeping wherever she wants and most likely will be your bed:p. Where does Dylan sleep? Only Armani sleeps on the bed with me, the others have duvets on the floor by the bed. Chaos will sometimes get on the bed but it hard for her to jump up and down so glad that mostly she does not. Why not ask Nicola how she is when left.

Dylan sleeps with me. He has steps up to my bed. It's Mandy who is fostering her and though I don't know where she sleeps yet, I do know she cries when left. I need to build this one's confidence up.

oh, somehow i have missed this thread!!

congratulations, Pauline, how splendid for you!!!:jmp2:
.. and for poppy to go to such a wonderful home.

you must be very excited. poppy is a beautiful girl, she looks so gentle and calm.

am looking forward to lots of pictures!!

xx renate

Hopefully being left with Dylan will calm her....I can hardly wait to see pictures of them together, and see how they are getting on......

Does anyone think I'm mad taking a dog I've never met and Dylan hasn't either?

Now that my son's friend Liam (think he's in one of my picture albums) is driving me to pick her up (Chris would have arranged transport, fantastic rescue really), I am taking Dylan with me. The new fence just arrived and will be put up Fri/Sat so I'm not leaving Dylan with anyone with the fence half up!

I wish my daughter was here to enjoy this. She does too :(

Last edited:
I wish my daughter was here to enjoy this. She does too :(
Have you got Skype? If you have, you could put Poppy in front of the camera so she can see her.

I wouldn't worry about the fact that you haven't met her yet. I don't see how you couldn't fall in love with her at first sight!

With regards to separation anxiety, when I fostered Cassie, she wasn't very comfortable with being left either, but the best thing to do - which was hard - was to ignore her when we came back to the house for a little while, let her excitement calm down, and then make a fuss of her. That way she didn't associate our return with her getting lots of attention - hope you know what I mean. I am sure Karlin and many others can explain this better and give you more advice.

Last edited:
Well Pauline, I don`t think your mad, I am sure you will have been told everything you need to know about Poppy from the Rescue Home or her Foster Home, you already have a cavalier, and from what I have found from meeting other people with the breed, they are all very similar in there ways. Good idea that Dylan is going with you though, at least being a male he will meet her out of his home territory. You said she had a vet check and is healthy so I am sure everything will be fine.:)

Last edited:
Have you got Skype? If you have, you could put Poppy in front of the camera so she can see her.

I wouldn't worry about the fact that you haven't met her yet. I don't see how you couldn't fall in love with her at first sight!

With regards to separation anxiety, when I fostered Cassie, she wasn't very comfortable with being left either, but the best thing to do - which was hard - was to ignore her when we came back to the house for a little while, let her excitement calm down, and then make a fuss of her. That way she didn't associate our return with her getting lots of attention - hope you know what I mean. I am sure Karlin and many others can explain this better and give you more advice.

Thank you, yes I know not to make any fuss when I leave or come home. I wonder if where she sleeps first night makes any impact on her security issues. I'm sure you're all rolling your eyes knowing she'll end up in my bed anyway.

I am not worried about my feelings, never met a dog I didn't like and Dylan is good with all dogs. Sure he'll be very interested in her just out of season, she will be getting a bath asap!

We skype a lot and Dylan prefers skype to the phone. I put Antonia on speaker phone once and Dylan got quite upset looking for her.

Well Pauline, I don`t think your mad, I am sure you will have been told everything you need to know about Poppy from the Rescue Home or her Foster Home, you already have a cavalier, and from what I have found from meeting other people with the breed, they are all very similar in there ways. Good idea that Dylan is going with you though, at least being a male he will meet her out of his home territory. You said she had a vet check and is healthy so I am sure everything will be fine.:)

I'm actually feeling very positive, not anticipating any problems but being prepared if there are any.

Back