• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I have an announcement to make!!!

Pauline
How exciting - on your way now. You're not mad to get a dog you haven't met. Any dog I've gone to see has ended up coming home with me even though I repeat "head, not heart" and wouldn't be without any of them. I would so love a dog sleeping on my bed. My last GSD did but with four dogs now [2 large] it ain't so easy. Poppy will probably bond with Dylan which will help the separation anxiety - I know it has worked that way with my lot. I'm so pleased for you getting a new girl - you're making me broody again :sl*p:

Oliver and I collected Aled from his foster home sight unseen, and they cuddled down together in a crate quite happily for the drive from London back to Coventry. To start with Aled was anxious when left (a scrabbler at doors!), but by leaving him regularly for short periods to start with, he gradually realised that I always came back. He's fine now - a little protest when I leave with Oliver ('Why am I missing out on a walk?'), but when we return he's usually fast asleep. I still take them out separately every so often - Aled is very dependent on Oliver for confidence, but Oliver is 6 years older and won't always be around, so Aled has to learn to stand on his own paws as well.

The thing I found most difficult was having two dogs for the first time in my life and ensuring that both had equal attention.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Pauline, I am sure you will fall in love with her at first sight and so will Dylan. And remember she was one of four cavaliers, one a Blenheim boy, and so I am sure she will be happy to be with her own kind again, they do know their own kind. I had not met Armani before she came to me and I love her to bits and although not a cavalier she has fitted in really well here.:p Cant wait to see pics of them together.

Thanks Judy. Mandy says she sleeps happily in a crate but she let her sleep in her bad last night. I think I'll start with the crate, giving Dylan time to get used to her before he has to share "our" bed!

Thanks Judy. Mandy says she sleeps happily in a crate but she let her sleep in her bad last night. I think I'll start with the crate, giving Dylan time to get used to her before he has to share "our" bed!

Well its worth a try Pauline but think you might find Dylan trying to get in the crate with her.:p

I have some disappointing news. Poppy may have been in season before but blood was only noticed on the 30th March, so I have asked they keep her another week.

I'm trying to think positive here, I don't want any accidents, I don't want to upset Poppy or Dylan and the fence will also be up so don't have to worry about taking them out on leads.

Oh well, I have to keep us all in suspense that bit longer.

Does anyone think I'm mad taking a dog I've never met and Dylan hasn't either?

Now that my son's friend Liam (think he's in one of my picture albums) is driving me to pick her up (Chris would have arranged transport, fantastic rescue really), I am taking Dylan with me. The new fence just arrived and will be put up Fri/Sat so I'm not leaving Dylan with anyone with the fence half up!

I wish my daughter was here to enjoy this. She does too :(

Hi Pauline,

I'm sorry, but somehow Lisa and I missed this thread, this is fantastic news, and Poppy is absolutely beautiful,

And you are not mad at all........remember when Megan came to us, we hadn't met her everything was done thru conversations with Karlin and Tara, the 1st time we saw her was when we went over in the ferry to Belfast to collect her, and it was love at 1st sight:D

Just give Dylan and Poppy their own time to adjust and get to know oneanother, that's what we did with Megs, just let her wander and sniff around at 1st, then as that 1st day went on, she explored a little more, and before you knew it, she was on our laps, and running about with our other 2,

Everything will be just fine, you just need to see how loved Dylan is in his pics, to know this wee girl is very lucky to have you and yours as her new family(y)

That's so sweet of you Ryan or Lisa :)

An other change of plan, I am picking her up today. The fosterer has an entire Mastiff dog so I'd really rather Dylan was hassling her than a big dog! She is sure she is over it, I'll soon know.

Sorry Pauline I'd missed this - oh how excting!! :jmp::jmp::jmp: Let us know as soon as you are home!!

I can't wait to see photos of her having arrived with you and meeting Dylan :D

I'm sure they will get on just fine - opposite sexes are the easiest to introduce and Cavaliers are usually fairly easy anyway.

If Poppy comes with some bedding, it might be worth wiping that around your furniture in the rooms she will be in to spread her scent - it reduces the likelihood of them scent marking. You might still get a few pees but that generally reduces after a few days.

Well I picked her up, everything fine. I was told she'll cry in the car but she only did it for 30 mins and not non stop. She was fine the rest of the long journey. She walked nicely on the lead, VERY happy about that. Brought her home and Dylan hassled her for 2 hours straight :eek: Then he got the message and he's stopped trying to make puppies. I put a belly band on him and let her tell him off, quite a few times. She can have a bath tomorrow, maybe some of the smell will go. Don't worry, I won't leave them in the same room alone.

Now it's the battle of the sofa and who will sit the highest (as I've been writing this, she has won, she's asleep on the sofa, he's on the floor). She's growled a couple of times at him when she sat on my lap so I put her straight off.

She just would not wee or poo. I gave her her food and in all the commotion, I didn't put her out again and we had a wee and poo in the house. :sl*p: I'm so up on house training so it was so silly of me.

All in all, I think it's looking promising!!!

4528541931_7f180ea8ec_b.jpg

Fantastic Pauline, she really is a wee stunner......My god once Lisa sees this thread....i'v had it.........just 1 more Ryan.....lol!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness Pauline she is GORGEOUS!!!

Congratulations :*nana::jmp: she looks wonderful. I'm glad you had a good journey and there are going to be the odd accidents, it's hard when you have so much going on.

It will take a wee while for everything to settle down, but I'm sure you will come through ok and she looks so special it will be worthwhile :D

Well Pauline, I think your arms were made for that gorgeous girl.. She certainly seems content to be held. We are all anxious to see a picture of Dylan and Poppy together and to hear of your adventures with the two of them.

Poppy melts Ash's heart.
4529654716_cbe301df17_b.jpg

Dylan and Poppy.
4529013477_e62ed758f6_b.jpg

4529630816_95183f801b_b.jpg

Oh my goodness Pops, how did you jump that high? Anything good on the table?
4528996127_76084655c2_b.jpg

Dylan's advances were rebuffed in no uncertain terms.
4529627466_2fa5182db0_b.jpg

OMG she is stunning! She has really landed on her paws with you Pauline as we all know how much you adore Dylan. Enjoy them both. Hope she settled with you all last night. Plenty of pics please. Always love your ones of Dylan:):)

Back